Laughter: Has this ever happened to you at a Family Gathering? Laughing so hard that You start to cry?
My sister-in-law is one of the highlights of my family. She is always happy. After the funeral of my stepfather this last weekend, she couldn’t even catch her breath because she was laughing so hard. The whole family was in the middle of playing Uno or was it pokino; I stopped and looked at everyone’s faces with sure love. Have you ever done that before? Yes, stop time and just be in the moment and see, feel and connect to the energy of everyone? Yet even though we gathered for a funeral everyone at the table was laughing. I was being in the present and in the moment. I realized how good and loved I felt.
Laughter is contagious
Laughter is contagious, as I could see with my family. Laughter also creates joy and it just feels good. I practice the feeling of laughter all the time. When I laugh with my friends we learn more about one another and create deeper connections. Laughter also builds self-esteem, self-worth, and shifts perception. Are you drawn to groups who are laughing and having a good time?
Laughter is energy
Laughter is a constant energy vibration for me because when I am in laughter energy I do not experience pain. Laughter energy also helps to connect to other emotions that may be energetically stuck on all levels of our being emotionally, mentally, spiritually and physically. So I wasn’t surprised when just moments after I was being present in the laughter that I felt a wave of sadness of why the family gathered for the loss of my stepfather and the funeral.
I do love to laugh! I have always loved to laugh! I ask people all the time to laugh and joke with me, even in stressful situations. Laughter allows me to release energy and to feel more positivity in my life. I invite you to laugh it up. It helps to bring the emotions and connect to yourself and it’s contagious even at a funeral!
Laughter is good for your health
When life gets too serious many of us forget to laugh. Studies have proven that laughter is good for your health. It relaxes the whole body. A good, big, hearty laugh session can relieve physical tension, stress, overwhelm and leave your muscles relaxed for up to 45 minutes after a good belly laugh. Many of my clients will say “I make jokes even in awkward moments.” The next time you find yourself in a stressful or negative situation, laugh!! Even a fake laugh works! As strange as it may seem at first, the energy will shift.
I love to create laughter everywhere I go. My favorite thing to do is to shout; “Hoowah!” when at an event or gathering. This always gets people laughing and others are drawn to find out what is going on. Give it a go sometime! Come up with a funny noise or saying of your own and call it out when at the next gathering. It will draw attention and never fails to allow you to make new friends. Laughter makes you feel good. The positive feeling remains with you even long after you are done laughing. Give yourself permission to do it now!
Studies show that laughter can boost your immune system. It decreases stress hormones and increases immune cells and infection-fighting antibodies. I know laughter has helped me through some stressful times, especially through my stepfather’s funeral.
Medical studies have shown that laughter can trigger a release of endorphins, the body’s natural feel-good chemicals. It also lightens the heavy emotions of anger. There is nothing that can diffuse anger and conflict faster than a good laugh with others. Looking at the funny side of a problem can put that problem into perspective and help you move on from confrontations without holding onto any bitterness or resentment.
How to increase your laughter
What can you do to bring more laughter into your day? You get to make time to laugh each and every day. Where do you start?
- Smile – Smiling is the beginning of laughter and just like laughter, it is contagious. When you look at someone, practice smiling, instead of looking down at your phone, look up and smile.
- Look at the positive side – Consider all of the positive aspects of your life and it will help you shift your perception of the negative thoughts that sometimes get in the way of your laughter.
- Do you hear laughter? Take action towards it – When you hear laughter, find it and move toward it. Sometimes laughter can be a private joke within a small group of people. Most times happy people want to share their laughter with others. Seek it out! Do it today even online!!
- Bring humor into conversations – Share a good joke or funny story with your family and friends. Also, ask them what the funniest thing that happened to them that day, that week or in their life? Sometimes I forget the funny things that have happened in my life until I have a conversation about a humorous moment in my family and friends life.
- Create opportunities to laugh all the time – Make time to watch a funny movie or TV show. Invite friends or family out to a comedy club. Hosts a game night with my friends. Playing games starts the laughter. I enjoy playing with my dog, Shine. That will get me laughing.
Every morning I take a moment to look in the mirror and make myself laugh at least three times. I invite you to do it too. Start with a giggle and work up to a full belly laugh before heading out to face your day. These are a few ways to bring more energy of joy into your life and help you Shine On! I encourage you to watch the video below to hear more secrets about Laughter and how you can create your total well being in your life!!
For even more secrets and to have the Shine On! Energy and laughter at your next event, connect with Angel Marie, the Event Enhancer today!