Ranked among the best mental health treatment centers in Southern California, Alter Behavioral Health offers the best inpatient care for patients struggling with depression, anxiety, PTSD, and psychiatric disorders. Our integrated and holistic healing approach allows our clients to develop self-awareness, attain mental peace, and achieve emotional stability.
How Can Psychotherapy Help In Mental Health Treatment?
Psychotherapy includes meeting with a psychiatrist, psychologist, or another mental health provider and receiving help to overcome your mental health problems. Psychotherapy allows you to learn about your condition, moods, feelings, thoughts, and behaviors. Psychotherapy helps you learn essential techniques and strategies to take control of your life by adopting healthy coping skills.
There are several kinds of psychotherapy, each with a unique approach. Your doctor may choose psychotherapy based on your mental health needs and individual situation. Psychotherapy programs are most helpful in treating mental health problems like anxiety disorders, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), phobias, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), mood disorders, depression, bipolar disorder, addictions, etc.
Types Of Psychotherapy Used In Mental Health Treatment
Several effective psychotherapies help treat a variety of mental and behavioral health disorders. In most cases, therapists use a mix of psychotherapies to help you overcome your mental illness and learn essential coping skills. Here is a list of psychotherapies we use:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) – CBT helps identify unhealthy behaviors and beliefs and replaces them with healthy and positive ones.
- Dialectical behavior therapy – It teaches critical behavioral skills to patients battling mental illnesses and helps them handle stress and emotions more effectively.
- Acceptance and commitment therapy – We use this therapy to increase self-awareness and help patients commit to making positive changes.
We also use psychodynamic and psychoanalysis therapies, interpersonal therapy, and supportive psychotherapy. Our depression treatment program in Irvine, California, assesses each patient’s situation and determines an approach most appropriate for them.
How To Choose The Ideal Mental Health Treatment Center?
Choosing the right Irvine depression rehab makes all the difference in recovery. Look for the following qualities in your mental health treatment facilities in Irvine, CA, of choice:
- Experienced Staff – You want to join one of the clinics for depression in Irvine that has the best clinical staff. Recovery from mental disorders requires personalized care and support from skilled and experienced therapists and psychiatrists. Without the right guidance, you may feel lost and clueless during treatment.
- Evidence-Based Therapies – Science-based therapies like cognitive behavioral therapy, dialectical behavioral therapy, rational emotive therapy, etc., can help you heal from the root cause of your mental disorder and learn critical coping skills. Make sure to join one of the depression treatment centers in Irvine, CA, that uses evidence-based treatments to address and treat mental health issues.
- Around-The-Clock Care – Choose an inpatient rehab that offers 24/7 clinical care and support. Dealing with mental disorders like bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, etc., can be scary, and having a medical team at your beck and call and put your mind at ease in recovery.
Contact 949-379-2414 to join one of the best mental health treatment centers in Southern California. Alter Behavioral Health specializes in giving patients the power to cope and feel better about themselves and their lives.