Do you meditate or have you tried meditation and found it challenging? Did you know meditation need not be complicated or even lengthy? Would you believe it is scientifically proven that regular meditation has the ability to positively improve the quality of life for individuals who practice it? There are also studies that show large groups of people meditating can diminish world aggression.
Simplistically stated, meditation is the practice of quieting the mind, focusing and being in the present moment. We are all familiar with the most common benefits, such as the ability to be relaxed, calm and focused. Did you know even a few minutes of meditation has many other benefits? Meditation helps develop positive emotions and increases your chi (life force energy). Where can you use these benefits? Many of us are in the work force and this may be the ideal place to use meditation. Taking a few minutes alone or developing focus on mundane tasks may change your outlook on your job in general or with projects you work on. You may be surprised to find you are more able to tackle the challenging parts of your job with greater success when regularly practicing these short periods of meditation. Did you know that Tai Chi is a meditation in motion?
· Breathing – Take slow deep breathes that extend your belly. This type of breathing can lower your blood pressure and increases oxygen flow to the brain which becomes more active and alert. Also helps in releasing toxins from the body.
· Focus on a point such as an Angel coin or gemstone. If work cannot stop, focus intently on each action you take. Consider each step in a work process. For instance, say to yourself, “I am putting paper into the copier. I am putting the document into the slot. I am making 20 copies.”
· Check with your company to see if they have a Meditation at Work Program.
· Join a Tai Chi or Yoga class where you will learn further meditation techniques and styles.
· Practice meditation regularly.
Allow your gifts to Shine.. You are a Lightworker if you are reading this, so if you would like some help with understanding what is happening in your life, call now! Always here to help you create your joy, balance, great health and love. Reiki is also a wonderful tool for relaxation and also balances the chakras. You can do this.. Just Breathe!